Thursday, September 16, 2010

It's a kitty pandemic

 
I love hello kitty, mostly because it's Japanese, I think all of Sanrio's merchandise looks so nicely made that I just want to buy it all, though i'm not a big fan of the color pink. Hello Kitty's character which is invented and promoted by a Japanese company called Sanrio in 1974. She's the most successful out of all Sanrio characters. She has produced different products all around the world, in which they include wallets, watches, clothing, fabrics, Polaroid camera, portable CD players/stereos, hankerchiefs, different stationaries, cutlerys, lunchboxes, puppets, the list goes on and on. In Japan, the car company Mira also built a Hello Kitty car, even Hello Kitty cell phones are available. I personally think the world has gone too crazy over this cat.
Oh and today I just found out they came out with Hello Kitty engagement rings -_-

4 comments:

  1. Why do you think the Japanese character is worldwide? I have been in love with the character and the other Sanrio characters since I was little! I had no idea they were Japanese till I got older. They really do make everything with Hello Kitty! I want to see what the car looks like. It's so funny that they would model a car after it. From what I know of Hello Kitty is a good character, it doesn’t have any bad ways to influence kids so it’s great! Hello Kitty is something I would never get over it’s so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was not surprised when I clicked on this blog and saw an article about Hello Kitty, because it is a character created by the Japanese. This cat was created in Japan but it amazes me how worldwide it remains today, present throughout most countries in the world. The Sanrio company is obviously still doing very successful and I personally believe the "Hello Kitty craze" will be something that never gets old. I was unaware, however, that Hello Kitty cars and phones exist, and that may be taking it a little too far. anyways, interesting blog topic, I plan to visit frequently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I definitely agree that Hello Kitty has gotten out of control. I don't know what it is why girls find this cat so addicting. I knew that Hello Kitty was on many different products but I had no idea that it was on all those things you listed. I have seen this character on just about anything, it really seems like it's an epidemic of cute cats taking over the minds of young girls. When you look closely at Hello Kitty you can see especially the similarities between other Japanese characters like Pokémon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete